ESE 601 Week 4 Assignment Universal Learning Characteristics
To Buy Tutorial Copy & Paste below Link into Your Browser
To Order Original Work 100% Original and Plagiarism Free Paper Email us at ( info.homeworklance@Gmail.com )
ESE 601 Week 4 Assignment Universal Learning Characteristics
Universal Learning Characteristics
[WLOs: 2, 3] [CLOs: 2, 3]
Even when you proactively predict your students’ behaviors and plan for every situation, problems will still arise that need to be managed. Therefore, it is important to be able to accurately identify adverse or interfering behaviors and proactively implement research-based practices to meet the needs of your student(s) and not disrupt the flow of instruction and the overall learning process. This assignment provides an opportunity for you to research and identify evidence-based practices that can be used for immediate or future implementation.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
• Read Sections 9.1 and 9.2 and all of Chapters 11 and 12 in your textbook.
• Read The 16 Proactive Classroom Management Skills to Support Academic Engagement(Links to an external site.).
• Read Fads or Facts? Sifting Through The Evidence to Find What Really Works.
• Review Page 7: Collect Data: Direct Observations(Links to an external site.).
• Review Page 6: Evaluating Student Performance(Links to an external site.).
• Review What Works Clearinghouse(Links to an external site.).
• Review the course and weekly learning outcomes.
• Carefully read the assignment instructions, which offers a comprehensive summary of task expectations.
• Watch the video Week 4 Managing Classroom Behavior(Links to an external site.).
• Read the scenario below carefully.
• Review the Week 6 final paper(Resource Manual for Educating Students With Exceptionalities) description to see where this artifact fits into your final paper.
In the field of education, you will work with varying exceptionalities and diverse individual needs. These needs will include academic, behavioral, and social/emotional skills. Both general and special education educators are expected to address adverse or interfering classroom behaviors, which include implementing effective and evidence-based strategies that promote a high-quality learning environment. This assignment offers an opportunity to analyze a given scenario and research and identify quality evidence-based behavior strategies that strongly align with student needs.
As you navigate this assignment consider:
• How characteristics of these behaviors impact student outcomes and educational performance.
• The importance and value of selecting effective evidence-based behavioral strategies that align with student needs.
• How this assignment will impact your current or future practices working with exceptional learners.
Dave attends class regularly and enjoys math. He likes to solve geometry problems and prefers kinesthetic hands-on learning. Dave struggles attending to task and staying focused in the classroom setting. He has difficulty staying seated for long periods of time and will often get out of his seat and move around the classroom without permission. Dave is often impulsive and will shout out answers without raising his hand, which disrupts instruction and the overall classroom setting. Dave also becomes social at inappropriate times and will excessively talk to his classmates, which adversely impacts the teaching and learning process.
Use support from your assignment reading, the Instructor Guidance lesson, and the discussions. In your paper,
• Provide a hypothesis, which offers a possible function of the observed behaviors.
o This includes “why” these behaviors may be occurring:
To gain attention.
To escape or avoid tasks or activities.
To gain access to tangible items or activities.
To gain or avoid self-reinforcing/sensory stimulation.
o Research and identify at least three evidence-based behavior strategies that are functionally equivalent and that align with the student’s needs.
Use weekly resources and the What Works Clearinghouse(Links to an external site.) to help identify research-based strategies.
Support your recommendations with scholarly literature.
o Explain how each of these strategies will be effective for the identified behaviors in the scenario.
o Summarize how the strategies might be used proactively in the future.
o Reflect on why you chose these strategies and how they best meet the student’s needs.
Create a document using the Week 4 Assignment Template to submit your assignment that includes a title page, headings for each section of the assignment, and your reference list.
Next Steps: Review and Submit the Assignment
Review your assignment with the Grading Rubric to ensure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit your document no later than Day 7.
ePortfolio and Assignment Submission Instructions
• Submit Your Assignment: You will need to submit your assignment to both Waypoint and Folio.
Part 1: Submit Assignment to Waypoint
Submit your assignment to Waypoint using the Assignment Submission button (within your classroom).
• For more detailed instructions, refer to the Submitting Assignments Through Waypoint(Links to an external site.)
Part 2: Add Assignment to Folio
A part of this assignment is adding your work to Folio. Folio is your free digital portfolio tool to visually showcase your academic and professional accomplishments and experiences. You can access Folio by clicking on the “Account” link in the global navigation of this course, and selecting “Folio,” or, by clicking the button in your classroom.
To learn more about setting up your Folio account and adding future assignments, view Setting Up and Using Folio (Links to an external site.).
Success Tip: Start preparing now for the Week 6 final paper!
• The Week 6 assignment involves creating a resource manual for Mr. Franklin. Preparation for this assignment must begin early to make certain you are thinking ahead and saving your work. Review the full instructions for the Week 6 assignment for more information.
The Classroom Behavior Strategies paper,
• Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references page) and formatted according to APA Style(Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.)
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
• Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice(Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
• Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
o For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions(Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
• Must use at least 3 scholarly, peer-reviewed, credible sources in addition to the course text.
o The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources(Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
o To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty(Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
• Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper(Links to an external site.)
• Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List(Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.