ESE 601 Ashford University Week 5 Assignment
To Buy Tutorial Copy & Paste below Link into Your Browser
To Order Original Work 100% Original and Plagiarism Free Paper Email us at ( info.homeworklance@Gmail.com )
ESE 601 Ashford University Week 5 Assignment
Week 5 Assignment Instructional Planning: Assessment to Practice Plan
[WLOs: 1, 2, 3] [CLOs: 1, 3, 4]
In previous weeks, you have learned that evaluation results provide the necessary information to create clear and comprehensive present levels of academic and functional performance. These levels of performance highlight student strengths and deficit areas, and this critical information is used to generate annual goals. In this week’s discussion forum post, you had the opportunity to revisit Henry’s evaluation results and create three IEP goals using the SMART goal format.
Now that you have created annual goals, you need to determine if the student is making adequate progress towards meeting or exceeding these objectives. Essentially, you are determining the effectiveness of the student’s special education programming.
For this assignment, you will create a progress monitoring plan that will highlight how student progress is being measured and reported while aligning assessment to practice components. Use the when completing this assignment. Be sure to thoroughly complete each section of the template, as this will emphasize the decision-making process and demonstrate a strong alignment with the assessment and evaluations results.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
• Read Chapter 10 in the textbook.
• Read SMART or Not? Writing Specific, Measurable IEP Goals
• Read How to Tell if Your Child’s IEP Goals Are SMART(Links to an external site.).
• Review A Place to Start: Understanding the Present Level of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance Statement(Links to an external site.).
• Review Browse Instructional Content(Links to an external site.).
• Read Curriculum-Based Measurement: Top Benefits and Examples(Links to an external site.).
• Read Page 9: Monitoring & Reporting Student Progress(Links to an external site.).
• Review the course and weekly learning outcomes.
• Carefully read the assignment instructions, which offers a comprehensive summary of task expectations.
• Familiarize yourself with the Progress Monitoring Plan template.
• Review the Week 6 final paper (Resource Manual for Educating Students With Exceptionalities) description to see where this artifact fits into your final paper.
As you navigate this assignment consider
• How does the assessment to practice cycle incorporate alignment of student needs, goal development, evidence-based instruction, and progress monitoring?
• How does student data drive the decision-making process?
• What are the importance and value of using evaluation results and data to accurately create annual goals?
• How does the SMART goal format drive your instructional practices?
• How to incorporate ethical principles when choosing and implementing assessment practices with fidelity and integrity.
• How will these progress monitoring practices help you determine the effectiveness of special educational programming?
Use support from your assignment reading, the Instructor Guidance, and the discussions. In your paper,
• Complete the eleven sections (Sections I-XI) of the Progress Monitoring Plan templatein their entirety.
o Summarize Henry’s evaluation results (Section I).
o List present levels of performance (Section II).
o State the three annual goals you developed in this week’s discussion forum post (Section III).
o Identify assessment/progress-monitoring tools used to evaluate and monitor student progress (Section IV).
o Indicate the frequency of the assessment/progress-monitoring and data collection process for Henry (Sections V-VI).
o Identify which team members are responsible for collecting, storing, and sharing this data (Sections VII-VIII).
o Create a communication plan for ethically sharing this data with the IEP team (Sections IX-X).
o Reflect on how these data will be used to make instructional decisions (Section XI).
Next Steps: Review and Submit the Assignment
Review your assignment with the Grading Rubric to ensure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit your document no later than Day 7.
ePortfolio and Assignment Submission Instructions
• Submit Your Assignment: You will need to submit your assignment to both Waypoint and Folio.
Part 1: Submit Assignment to Waypoint
Submit your assignment to Waypoint using the Assignment Submission button (within your classroom).
• For more detailed instructions, refer to the Submitting Assignments Through Waypoint(Links to an external site.)
Part 2: Add Assignment to Folio
A part of this assignment is adding your work to Folio. Folio is your free digital portfolio tool to visually showcase your academic and professional accomplishments and experiences. You can access Folio by clicking on the “Account” link in the global navigation of this course, and selecting “Folio,” or, by clicking the button in your classroom.
To learn more about setting up your Folio account and adding future assignments, view Setting Up and Using Folio (Links to an external site.).
Success Tip: Start preparing now for the Week 6 final paper!
• The Week 6 assignment involves creating a resource manual for Mr. Franklin. Preparation for this assignment must begin early to make certain you are thinking ahead and saving your work. Review the full instructions for the Week 6 assignment for more information.
The Instructional Planning: Assessment to Practice Plan,
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of plan
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
• Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice(Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
• Must use at least two scholarly or credible sources in addition to the course text.
o The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources(Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
o To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty(Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
• Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List(Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.